Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 1: There's No Place Like Home

So I've decided to blog about the next ninety hot summer days ahead of us.

And today is day one.

Although a little intimidated by all the time I have to fill over the next ninety days, I've decided to pull my teaching background and the little creativity I might have left after having three children so close together and try to make the most of this time.

And that's what I'm doing this very day.

So here's what's going down:

Morning time: Free play. This is a time of unstructured indoor play first thing in the morning. I need this time because I'm normally making breakfast, doing dishes, and putting my first load of laundry in the washer during this time.

9:15-10:45--Apparently it was only 80 degrees outside during this time but I assure you, it felt much hotter. My goal was to play outside for an hour and we all made it 45 minutes. Although this play time was outside, this time was structured. I ran with the twins, pushed them on the swings, and we played follow the leader. Guess who was the leader!?!

After outside: Ice Cream Time!!! The Heat + Running Hard Outside= Need for something cold AND for a little sugar.

Then came downtime. Thanks Sesame Street! I watched this show as a child and I still LOVE it! Very educational!

More play. Then nap. And what did mama do during the kids' naps? She napped herself!! Woo-hoo! This does NOT happen very often, and today I crashed hard. I was awakened by the two crying children because the lawn man just loves to cut our grass during nap time. Grrrrrr.....

After nap came more play time with a ride out and about and then home to dinner. After dinner we enjoyed another show and then we played.

The baby girl is in bed already.

It is time to put two little more munchkins to bed.

And then I rest. It's been a good Day 1. Truly, there's no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment