I'd planned to blog much more often than I'd been doing the last week, but as I commented in an earlier post, busyness is upon us. The last week, we have been to the spray park with friends, spent the night in New Orleans, gone swimming, went to the children's museum, had Baba stay with us for a couple of nights, and lived four days with Daddy out of town.
It has been a lot of fun (aside from Daddy being out of town--we all missed him SO much)! The kids are having a really fun summer, and while I really look forward to the Fall (my favorite time of year!), I must say I'm having a lot of fun too. After all of that busyness, though, I'm attempting to officially have a day of rest today. This means doing the bare minimum and allowing my house to look like a bomb exploded. This happens easily and within about an hour without my constant attention and attempts to keep it picked up. But that would be work and not rest. I can pick it up either tonight or tomorrow. It's not going anywhere. This afternoon will be movie time with the kids, playing with them, and just enjoying them. Tonight, my husband will even pick up dinner.
So grateful for slow Summer days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment