Monday, June 6, 2011

Days 4-6: Down Time

The last few days have been strangely calm. This is the "calm before the storm," though, of two crazy busy weeks ahead. :-) The best part of three very slow days is that it actually teaches the kids that we don't have to run all the time. It also teaches them how to rest, how to enjoy our home, and how to know that this is their most comfortable place right now in their lives. I noticed them going through "activity detox" on our first full day home and then by the third day or so, they are in a "home routine." They are comfortable and they are resting. It's so nice to watch each of them take to a spot in the home (the couch, a pillow, etc.) where they will just stop and lay down for a spell. This is new. And I like it. I will have more to write in the days to come as we have a busy schedule right around the corner, but until then, we'll keep on resting. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment