Monday, June 13, 2011

Days 7 and 8 continued....

After the red Powerade incident, my morning was nice due to the fact that it was a MDO for me. Our sitter came to watch the kids so I could get out and about for several hours. A true gift. I can't say enough about how much I love this gift.

When I got home, I had things to do. I needed to make cookies for a friend and got that done and then was headed out the door later that evening (with all three kids) to stop by a friend's house to take care of purchasing Jambalaya tickets for a fundraiser on Saturday. The friend has a narrow, wooden gate that frames her driveway. I'd been there before and I remembered thinking how hard it was to back out (especially because she lives on a busy street).

It makes it especially hard to back out of a narrow opening when you have a screaming child (as I did that night). I think it had been a long day, I was tired, and I had a screaming child in the car. All three factors led me to back out WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING! The combination of a narrow driveway and a driver who was not paying attention turned into running into the fence, damaging her fence and our bumper. Not good at all!

Thankfully, she was so gracious but I'd had it. It was time to go to bed after that and call it day. And that's exactly what I did...after feeding three kids, changing them and getting them to bed, of course! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment