Sunday, February 1, 2009

39,000!

We were so grateful to learn this morning that Chase's counts improved to 39,000 overnight. Seeing as how just a few short days ago, he was down to 3,000, this improvement is so encouraging. Because Chase has not yet made it to 50,000 platelets, the doctor wants to keep him here one more night. Provided that Chase's counts continue to increase tomorrow morning and are 50,000, then he can go home.

Chase asked this morning if, once he improves, will he have to continue treatment over an extended period of time. The doctor said that sometimes (but not every time) this thing can be hard to lick. It appears every patient responds differently, so we will just have to wait and see. Even though Chase won't be as much of a danger to himself at 50,000 platelets, he would still not be even near the normal range, so treatment at least for a little while would be necessary. The good news is that once Chase is discharged from the hospital, he will be able to go back to work and resume normal activities. 

Please continue to pray that Chase meets the 50,000 platelet goal as of tomorrow morning and that he won't regress. This is something the doctor mentioned today as well. Please also pray for me and these little ones. I am probably going to try and spend more than a couple of hours at home today now that Chase appears to be out of the woods. I know many people have fussed about me being up here so much and staying the night up here with him, but I am extremely stubborn and love my man so much. I keep telling Chase that it is good for the "baby mama" to be near the "baby daddy." The first day I left for a couple of hours was SO hard! I am starting to feel more and more tired, though, so I know at this point the babies and I both need a little more rest than I've been getting up here too.

There have been so many blessings along the way. I am so looking forward to sharing those in a later post. We appreciate your prayers so very much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment