Chase went to the doctor on Thursday and his platelet count was up to 151,000! This means he is within the normal range now! Chase is still taking oral steroids and he is not a big fan of them. They make him feel really uncomfortable. He can tell he just feels different and can't wait until his doctor gives him the green light to stop taking them altogether. BUT, we are certainly grateful they are working and keeping him healthy!
I also went to the doctor this week, and, as of Wednesday, there were still no signs that the babies were arriving. So, my doctor scheduled a c-section for 37 1/2 weeks, which is Friday, February 27th. I could be totally wrong, but I still think there is a very good chance they may arrive prior to this date, but if not, we are a little less than three weeks away.
The very night before Chase went to the doctor and we started a very challenging (but spiritually growing) week, I went to Bible Study. At the end of the the study, one of the women, Phyllis, pulled out two baby blankets. She shared with the group a time in her own life when she was blessed by a group of people praying over a blanket for a loved one, so that when the blanket was wrapped around this person, they were wrapped in blessings. Little did I know, all the women in the group already knew this was going to happen as Phyllis had communicated with them prior. So she pulled out the two blankets and we laid them over my tummy. The women went around and prayed for our babies--for their futures, that they would know the Lord, for the delivery, and so much more. It was such a time of encouragement for me. It is a wonderful feeling to know that not only will your children enter a physical family who loves them so much but a spiritual family as well. Our little ones are truly blessed! I came home and told Chase that these would be the blankets our kiddos will be wrapped in when we take them home from the hospital. Phyllis also sang a lullaby for the babies that was just beautiful. She had it typed up for me to take home.
The Blessing Song
May blessings be upon you, precious baby (ies)
May favor rest upon your family
And may your future be a holy legacy
May blessings be upon you, precious baby (ies)
May God bless you in your coming
May He bless you in your going
May your hearts be ever knowing
The blessings of the Lord
May blessings be upon your children's children
May favor rest upon their families
And may their futures be holy legacies
May blessings be upon your children's children
May blessings be upon you, precious baby (ies)
I definitely plan on singing this one to our children. Love it!
This is all the news we have for now. I can tell you that this blog will be our main avenue of communication once the babies arrive. Please check here for pictures, updates, etc. It won't be long....
That's exciting that you're so close to meeting your babies! :D
ReplyDeleteLast night, I had a dream about your babies. You went into labor at home and Chase delivered the babies at home (HA!) and then ya'll drove to the hospital.
ReplyDeleteThey had a TON of hair (like, you could put it in a pony tail) and their names were William & Sara. They could also stand up on their own.
Let's pray against all that! :)
They were cute though! (Can you tell I'm getting excited!!?!)