We found out about 8:30 this morning that Chase needed to be in the doctor's office by 10 to start his medication given via IV drip. We rushed around the house to get ready and Chase knew he wanted a large breakfast before he began, so we stopped by Frank's for a great breakfast and all done in twenty minutes no less. Because we didn't know how Chase would respond to the medication, the plan was for me to drive him there, stop by mid-day to bring him lunch, and then pick him up. I didn't stay there with him because there was really no room for a spouse to sit. The medication is normally administered in a large room with several nurses attending to patients all lined up in recliners. Thankfully and totally unexpectedly, Chase discovered when he arrived that they had a more private area for him to hang for the day. This was great because it allowed him to work (he had his laptop and cell phone) while getting his seven hour drip. Chase was ready to come home around 4:45. He didn't want lunch mid-day, so he was naturally starving. We stopped for another bite to eat and not unlike his last treatments, he is completely worn out. He has been asleep and cuddled up with our precious Bailey since around 7:30. Unlike his last treatment, we don't find out tomorrow how Chase responded to the meds today. We have to wait until Monday. There are so many "ifs" that could or could not happen next week based on Monday's results, but we have just resolved to pray that today's treatment worked REALLY well. If this is the case, this would be his only treatment and possibly all he needs to be completely better.
While Chase was at his doctor's office, I went to my appointment. All is well with the babes. I had resolved that I pretty much needed to be resting much, much more this week and next. I've started not to feel all that great in the evenings and mornings and I'm overall worn out. So today was a full day and took it's toll as well. Just super tired too. I know, I know....I'm about to learn more about being tired. Chase and I have decided this is just our "dry run" before it all begins next week. Due to his medication and my overall condition, it is not uncommon for us to find ourselves awake at 2:00 a.m., unable to sleep. We just try to take it all in stride, laugh as much as we can, and sleep when we feel tired and have the opportunity.
So, we will wait, pray, and see what next week holds. While my husband sleeps, I have every intention of lulling myself to sleep as well by watching Top Chef, one of our favorites. One day, I want to cook really fun stuff like they do.....:-) Random, I know, but true...
So glad to see the update. Steve and I are praying-- as are the Bible study ladies. I will pray for you both to get some rest. We love you guys.
ReplyDeleteI got your text message this morning and prayed. I'm sorry that I did not respond to you, but please know that I stopped several times throughout the day to lift you two up. I always know that whenever you cross my mind that it is not a coincidence...it's time to pray!
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for rest over the next few days and for the Lord's healing hand on Chase as these medications go to work in his body.
I love you both and will continue to pray for all four of you!
XOXOXO
Ronda,
ReplyDeleteI just want you to know that Ken and I are continually praying for Chase's full recovery and for all 4 of you to get rest. Thank you for keeping us current with your blog. Love, Aunt Trudy
One week from tomorrow is babies day! :)
ReplyDeleteWe are constantly praying and are so glad to know there is a plan of action.
Rest up! We love you so much!
We are praying alongside yall! You definitely need your rest too! I know that the Lord is close to yall and has a perfect plan and will! We love yall!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted the two of you to know that we have been praying earnestly for you guys and the little babies. You are living such an incredible witness of who God is! We love you guys! Erin and Lary
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I am thinking of you and praying for you. I think you have a great attitude about everything.
ReplyDeleteBTW, I love Frank's and Top Chef. It was nice to see New Orleans on the show, right?
Kristen
Just wanted you to know that I am praying for all four of you!!
ReplyDeleteYou will be on my mind all day tomorrow.
Can't wait to "meet" your babies!!