Sunday, July 13, 2008

Please Pray

I have been away from the blog world the past week because I developed a rare condition set on by some medications I had been taking. The condition draws protein and fluid from my blood and settles it in my abdomen. As of today, I have gained approximately 12 twelve pounds in a week. It is actually a very dangerous condition, and last Monday when I went in, I was in a bad place. I knew how I felt (which was indescribably horrible), but the doctors and nurses didn't let on the seriousness of my condition on Monday until later in the week. My mom, who is a nurse, says that the medical community is supposed to have a "poker face."

I was in the hospital three days last week and at the doctor every day. The doctor was waiting for me to "turn a corner" and it appears I have. Praise God! I know this is all Him! I am finally able to eat normally again and am able to move around a little. I go back to the doctor tomorrow and I would ask that you pray that it is a good report. I am praying that I won't have to have my abdomen drained again. I had it done three times last week and all I can say is "Painful!" Although I am feeling better the swelling has not yet gone down, so I am praying that my body will begin to absorb the fluid on its own as it should.

The fact that I'm blogging is a good sign. :-) I've barely looked at a computer screen all week, but I wanted to ask for prayer and let all of you know what was going on.

5 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you in blogworld! This is great sign of progress! PRAISE GOD!

    I am continually praying for you. Every time you cross my mind I know that it is the Spirit reminding me to lift you up. I will be specifically praying for a good report tomorrow.

    Love, love, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ronda...I promise to be praying and i am so sorry you have had such a terrible time. Sounds like not one bit of fun....
    I am glad you are feeling better and i will be praying that you will continue to heal everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this is a pleasant surprise! I'm glad to see you're "back".

    I have not stopped praying for you. I am so sorry you've been in so much pain, but I sincerely hope that the worst is behind you!

    PRAISE GOD for HEALING!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ronda,

    I don't know if you were reading back then, but this happened to me too! I can feel your pain! It was a miserable week for me! I am so sorry that you have this happening. I will be praying!
    The good news is: it will get better eventually and it is a good sign that your body is responding (a little too well, maybe) to the drugs!
    I am praying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be praying for you too. I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete