Sunday, July 20, 2008

Got Recipes?

In a couple of weeks, I will be attending a book club that I belong to with other teachers at my school. I am supposed to bring a dessert or appetizer. All of the other ladies always have such fun and creative dishes, and I lack serious creativity in this area. If you have any suggestions for a great "party" dessert or appetizer, PLEASE let me know. Coming up with the idea is the hardest part!

3 comments:

  1. ronda! popped over to check on the blog (instead of just reading on bloglines). i had to smile that the post was on recipes! love the mundane! i hope this means all is better. i've been praying for you.

    i hope you have enjoyed your summer--that you enjoyed the sweet fellowship with God that sometimes gets squeezed out of our busy lives....

    i have no input on recipes--really, sometimes i wonder what i feed my family....i will be back to see what other suggested though, you have some gifted cooks who stop by... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ronda. I asked Spencer, and he doesn't recall knowing your friends. Bummer! Another random connection would have been so fun.

    On to recipes...Girl you know I love those. A few suggestions:
    1. The corn dip or enchilada dip on my blog are ALWAYS hits and seem to be fairly new for most people. You could even bake them and then scoop them into a large tortilla bowl (like the kind used for taco salads) to make it more festive looking.
    2. The chicken crescent and beef crescent squares that you said you liked would be a great appetizer if you did smaller amounts in the triangles and rolled them up to serve.
    3. One of my favorite desserts is a brownie something or other (I don't know the name for it... ha ha) Make some brownies and then crush them up. Spread some on the bottom of a large clear bowl, then layer chocolate pudding, cool whip, and butterfinger candy pieces. Repeat layers twice. It is SO yummy! and looks cool too!

    I could go on and on. If you want more suggestions, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy and easy! The Foley's used to make it.

    Foley's dip
    8 oz. of cream cheese, softened a bit
    1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 can of Rotel, drained
    Shredded cheese -- We used colby jack

    Get a pie plate (glass ones work best) and spread the cream cheese on the bottom. Throw the beans on, then the Rotel and then cover with a layer of shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until the dip is bubbly and melted. Serve with tortilla chips.

    ReplyDelete