Thursday, March 4, 2010

Emily

This past month, we have been giving Evan a ton of extra attention. Between teething, reflux, and getting sick, he has probably spent more nights in our bed or room than not. He has also been pretty fussy during the days. Emily has been extremely patient with all of the extra attention her brother has been getting, but she also has been doing some fun new things I want to share.

Wednesday, February 24th--She took her first steps all on her own. Again, it was walking to her daddy. A couple of steps was all it took to get her confidence going. She has started taking more and more steps on her own to different pieces of furniture, and sometimes she doesn't even realize she is walking!!!

Emily has shared her new interest in biting recently, particularly with her brother. I've seen many a tears shed on Evan's part because his sister bit him. Although I would love to say I can catch her before she bites, it just doesn't always happen. She does get disciplined though, and I hope this will pass once she is done teething.

Yesterday was particularly special for me with Emily. She napped with me for the first time that I can remember. She laid on my chest and slept for an entire hour. She is not much of a cuddler, so this was so special to me. I get to cuddle with Evan lots, but not with Emily very much.

Emily is growing into a beautiful, personable, vibrant little toddler. I love her so much and feel blessed to have her as my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment