Thursday, March 25, 2010
First Ear Infection
So Evan is the first of my children, two days shy of turning 13 months, to be diagnosed with an ear infection. Poor little boy woke up this morning and absolutely refused his bottle. Oh, AND he slept til 8 a.m.! I thought this was just a miracle of some sort and never really imagined he was sick. Then he didn't drink his bottle. Still, I didn't put two and two together. He did feel a little warm this morning but he wasn't alarmingly warm. He ate his breakfast and went to take his morning nap. Then, when he woke up, he was super warm. I took his temperature and it was 101.13!!!!! Oh, poor baby. I called the doctor immediately and they were able to take him in at 2 p.m. Chase's mom and dad came up to watch Emily while I took the little man to the doctor. While we were waiting in a room, Evan fell asleep on my lap. When the P.A. came in to examine him, I had to wake him up, and he was all kinds of fussy! He cried and screamed when she tried to check him out, and I just felt so bad for him. It turns out he has a very bad ear infection. I think he might have some sort of respiratory infection too as he has a bad chest cough, but the P.A. did not confirm that. Just my own suspicions. We got him on some antibiotics today and started alternating Motrin and Tylenol. Poor baby is still hot even with all of the meds. He has only had one bottle today, but he took some Pedialyte tonight. So, we shall see how he does tonight while feeling so sick. It might be a long night, but last time I checked, I'm very pregnant and have several long nights in my future. This is what I signed on for, so if he needs a mommy at any point during the night, I'll be here. I pray little man feels much better soon!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment