Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Turns Out

I wasn't only dehydrated. I was getting sick. With a stomach bug!!!! I started to feel very tired on Friday (thought I had just been pushing it too hard). Saturday evening I had NO appetite. Sunday all day I had NO appetite. Monday (yesterday) came the nausea. I would have been throwing up too, but I nipped that one in the bud by quickly taking Phenergan. I am starting to feel better today. Still no appetite, but I'm able to at least function a little outside of bed. Today will be a very low key day with the kids. Only the bare minimum. Very little housework. We all need baths, though, and I plan to provide those for sure.

Evan has been sick with both an ear infection and, we found out yesterday after we got the lab results, a UTI. Because he is so young, we have to take him to Woman's Hospital for a renal ultrasound. I hope he doesn't fight it too much. It shouldn't cause him pain, but a 13 month old does not like to be pinned down. Especially after seeing how he handled the exam of his ears, chest, and throat at the doc on Thursday. We go tomorrow for that. The medicine Evan has been on has given him lots of diarrhea (like five times a day). We are noticing that he is losing a lot of weight. I emailed the nurse to see if there were any alternatives to Immodium (which is obviously not working).

I plan on a nap as soon as these little bambinos take one too. I'm still tired and a little weak. Okay, Evan closed the door and locked himself in his room. I guess I should go free him. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment