Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Worn Out

I am going to take this moment to pray in Jesus' Name that my son will feel better. He has had the hardest couple of weeks so far. His reflux is obviously very bad, he is obviously very tired, and he is wearing. me. out. Evan has been wanting to take his first nap of the day at 8:30 a.m. because he has been waking up at six. I'm sorry. Not just waking up. Waking up screaming. Well, Miss Em is just not ready to get up quite that early. 6:30 or 7:00 is better for her. Me too, Em. Me too. So, Miss Em doesn't want to go down for her nap until 9:30. The dilemma here is that I need the kids to nap. Evan is obviously exhausted. But his earlier naps mean someone is awake pretty much all day. And that means mommy barely gets a moment to herself. All day. ALL DAY. Now I will say I am happy to report that bedtime has moved up to 6:45 for Evan and about 7:10 for Emily. This is way, way earlier than they were going to bed. Poor tired little babies. I didn't even realize we were keeping them up too late. Thanks to Suzette Martin at church who told me that their bedtime should be closer to 6:30. It couldn't hurt to try. Evan hadn't slept much this last month. And, so far, it has worked. Thank you, Lord, for moms who are willing to give advice. I so, so appreciate advice. I'm new at this, and I'm about to have another baby, and this new baby is making me so, so hormonal some days. Like today. I was so worn out from Little Man and so hormonal from the new Little Miss that I stormed out of the house in tears for Bible Study. In fact, I even said a curse word before I left. Chase was shocked to say the least. It just came out. I got in the car and sobbed and sobbed. I never did make it to Bible Study because, really, who can study the Bible like everything is okay when you have just stormed out of your home and said a curse word? I had some apologizing to do. I think the Lord appreciates my heart and my desire to restore relationships more than my attendance at Bible Study. At least that's what my study actually told me this week. I studied Psalm 51. Isn't great how the Lord prepares us? Well, I am hoping that my next post will be about the miraculous change in our son and in their schedules.

No comments:

Post a Comment