Chase tried to console her. He cuddled with her, spoke sweetly, looked at her face to face, and she just would not stop crying. I had to restrain myself from running over there to console her--daddy could take care of it. BUT, she wouldn't stop crying and eventually I went and sat next to her and Chase. Well, little miss held out her arms for her mommy and the minute I held her the crying stopped. Sweet little girl laid her head on my shoulder (a big deal, she hasn't been too cuddly up until this point) and she quickly calmed down. How fun I could console her! Definitely a mommy moment to remember!
I quickly felt bad for Chase who struggled to console his little girl. We have had no more episodes like this one, and we assumed that he probably couldn't console her that day because he was the one who scared her. She has smiled for him and cuddled with him many times since. I think from now on, though, Chase will greet Em without any element of surprise! :-)
Ahhhh that is a sweet story! And poor Chase - but yes it does sound like it was due to him being the one that scared her! We love the video you posted on laughter! They are too cute!!
ReplyDelete