
So life has been very, very hectic recently. Three weeks ago, we held our dance team tryouts, and it has been busy ever since. Twenty-seven girls tried out and eleven made it. Since then, we've had uniform fittings, fundraisers, practices, technique classes, and pool parties to plan and execute. It has been like going from 0 to 60 in no time at all!
During that time, Grant and Jen also moved to Houston. This has been a very sad time for us here. We know this is where the Lord has led them, but we miss them terribly and it was sad to see them go. We did get a great family dinner last week prior to them leaving, and it was such a nice "May the Lord bless you" time.
I also had a birthday this past weekend as well. 28 years. Time sure does fly! This happened to be the BEST birthday I have ever had as my amazing husband surprised me with a trip to Orlando! We stayed at a beautiful resort on the Disney property and spent two of our three days at Disney World! We had an absolute blast and played until our feet could no longer go. We didn't start too early in the mornings, but we sure did stay out late! This was one of those birthdays I will remember for years!

School is out two weeks from tomorrow! Can I get a Whoop???? I will then get back to school finishing up my last two classes for my graduate degree. After my two classes this summer, I have to take a practicum in the Fall, and then, Lord willing I graduate in December! I can't wait! This degree has been a long time coming!
Other than that, I hope to have a restful summer working on house projects and getting some much needed relaxation!

I'm so glad that you had such a memorable and amazing birthday celebration! You are a treasure and I love you dearly.
ReplyDeletexoxoxo
Disney looks so very fun! I'm glad ya'll had a wonderful time!
ReplyDeleteAnd by the way, I miss you too! :)
love you sister
<3 jen
happy belated birthday! glad you had fun.
ReplyDeletei was just wondering about the dance team....and remembering our ice skating double date all those years ago. :) (sophia and i were at an ice-skating birthday party and i realized i hadn't ice skated since that day in 2002. wow, can't believe it was so long ago.)
thanks for the update. enjoy (?) the last two weeks of school and gearing up for those classes!
let me give you a WHOOP!!! we have 11 days left, and it is dragging so slow right now! so you're doing dance, that is great! how fun to get to know those students in a closer setting! chase is the coolest - orlando for your birthday, what a great idea! looks like so much fun!
ReplyDelete