Thursday, March 24, 2011

Some days are harder, some days are easier, but it's easier overall

My friends warned me. Two would be a magical age. I think I had a hard time visualizing what they meant until my own little ones made it to the age of 2. And now I know. And I LOVE it!

When I was going through our infertility journey and I daydreamed about motherhood, I believe it looked something very much like the season we are in. Emily and Evan are becoming little people. The baby stage is officially all gone. And while I look at their baby videos and pictures and can't believe that stage passed so quickly, I'm also very glad they are in this new stage. Our little people are just so much fun now. They are talking up a storm and their vocabulary widens on a daily basis. They are experiencing life and enjoying it. The fun part about being a parent is that you get to join in on all of the discovering they are doing. I get to play with them. I get to show them new things and plan fun adventures for them.

Now, I will say I am running hard. I get up early in the morning and run til late at night. I go to sleep at night exhausted because of the physical demands of small children. I must say, though, I've probably got to be in pretty decent shape during this stage. Ha!

Don't get me wrong. We are having our two year old "challenges." Emily and Evan are starting to fight with one another more. Their little selfish sides are being exposed, and it's not pretty. There is a lot more discipline, and I have to be ready to discipline frequently. Going to the grocery store means having lots of snacks on hand so that we avoid tantrums and I can get things done.

But even with the new two year old challenges, I'm still loving this new age so much and all of the new things I'm able to see in Evan and Emily and all of the experiences we are sharing together.

2 comments:

  1. hi ronda- I am so happy i re-found your blog!!!What precious babies you have, I love hearing the updates from Jen. :)

    ReplyDelete