Yesterday, Saturday, was SUCH a good day! The best of days, really. We didn't do anything huge, but the time we got as a family was so great. Yesterday was "date day." Chase had a morning date with Evan. He and Ev ran errands together and were gone for about three hours. Ev came home full of energy and you could just tell that his cup was full from spending so much time with his dad. One of the errands they ran was to Academy where Chase bought Ev a basketball goal (kid-sized, of course). I don't think I'd ever seen Chase put together a toy so fast. I have to admit that our playroom didn't have a ton of masculine items in it, and Chase said this was the reason he was so excited about Evan's new goal. It was a toy that was "all boy"--not a kitchen or grocery cart or even something "gender neutral"--ALL boy! Those boys played all day long with that basketball goal. So much fun!
While the boys were out on their date, I got great "girl time" at home with my two little girls. I confess, the house was so quiet with only girls in it. Although it was nice to have a more quiet and calmer home, I told Chase that he and Ev certainly brought an exciting element to our home. Emily and I played pat a cake for the first time yesterday, and she played with all of her toys near me while I worked a little in our house. When Chase and Ev got home, Ev and Em went down for a nap. After they woke up, it was time for the girls to head out on our date. Emily and I ran to Target and then to Walgreens. We didn't get a big toy this time but Emily did want a set of Mardis Gras beads she saw in Target. This little plastic necklace was $5!!! I went ahead and bought it for her, only for her to say "All done!" and take it off before we ever left the store. That's something to remember for next time! Emily also got a lemonade in a big cup with a straw and she LOVED it. Em also held my grocery list while we walked up and down the aisles. She was such a great helper, and it blessed my heart beyond words that I got that special one on one time with her.
Our "date day" was a success and very special to both Chase and myself, and I'm sure there will be many more in our future, Lord Willing!
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment