Friday, February 4, 2011

Disney 2010

I am very aware that we are all so spoiled to even be able to go to Disney World, much less say that our children at the age of 22 months, have already been there twice. We feel very fortunate, and I must say, we love Disney! It has proven to be a great vacation destination for us for many reasons. I would highly recommend Disney to any family with young children for the following reasons:
1. The baby care center. I have never seen a place like this. It is hands down the most serene place in the entirety of Disney World. Calm, elderly women stand by the door and direct you to fully-lined baby changing beds, a room with kid-sized tables and a t.v., and a baby care center with everything you could possibly need for your babe or tot. It is super clean and super quiet. I feel relaxed just thinking about it.

2. The Disney Channel and Disney World coincide. Okay, I know this is a shocker, but what my kids watch on t.v., they get to experience first hand at the Disney World parks. And, another shocker, they LOVE it!

3. Espresso stations are in every park. I need to write a post about my love for hot espresso. Starbucks doesn't make it this good. I promise.

4. Everything is done "first class" at Disney. It is just done well. They don't cut any corners on flair, performance, or presentation.

5. There are no bugs (at least that I know of). I am not, in any way, a nature girl. I have tried to be in the past, only to realize I just don't like nature. I like "sidewalk vacations." Basically, if I can vacate on cement, that's the place I'd like to go. Thank you, Disney, for creating a fun place on cement. I have enjoyed it very much!

We went to Disney in December of 2010, which was about six weeks ago. We drove in to Alabama where some friends were getting married, went to the wedding, then continued driving as far as Tallahassee. We stayed at a Sheraton that was the best baby-proofed hotel room I'd ever stayed in. So grateful for not having to pick up 50 million items. So grateful. Then we continued driving the next day until we made it into Orlando, and then we parked ourselves at the Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort. Can I just say....so, so nice! The BEST part about the resort was that we could walk to the Magic Kingdom in about ten minutes.

We hung out the first day and then headed to the Magic Kingdom on Day 3. Day 4 was Hollywood Studios. Day 5 was the Magic Kingdom again. Day 6 we drove all the way home without stopping. We were all SO tired (have I mentioned that Irish triplets don't sleep all that soundly in one room together??) and driving straight home was actually fairly easy. I think we all dreamed of our own beds by that last day.

Here are a few pics of our trip:

 Our family on the first day at Magic Kingdom


 Em and Mickey



 Disney World on Lights


 Ev and Mickey


Our little "La La"

No comments:

Post a Comment