Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Before We Start Another Day

Well, the kids are on round two now of sickness. Around Friday afternoon, Evan started displaying signs of a cold. On Saturday, Emily displayed those same signs, and by Monday, it was clear it was turning into an infection. Which means antibiotics. This will be Em's second time on antibiotics and Evan's first. I'm looking forward to them feeling better soon. Their being sick makes for busy days. I looked around at my messy house last night and thought, "What did I do all day???? I know I was busy, but my house sure does not reflect that!" I actually woke up in the middle of the night last night with a very strong "nesting" instinct. I wanted to get up and clean my house from top to bottom. Thankfully, I restrained myself, seeing as how my cleaning would only wake up two babies who were sleeping very well.

Yesterday, we also started on our major remodel project in creating another bedroom and playroom for the bambinos. This is all in response to Peanut's impending arrival. We need a little more space, and we did not want to move. I LOVE where we live at the moment. Great school district. NOT in Baton Rouge--which means, I feel, is a little safer. It's a growing community with more and more offered here. We are one exit down from Baton Rouge (but a great expanse of trees divides the two exits). We have great neighbors. We have a lot that is convenient to our location. A Walgreen's and a grocery store and our gym. So, with all that being said, I'm looking forward to having this project over. I have been praying that it would be both much more convenient than we would have ever asked or imagined AND much cheaper. So, we shall see how it all ends up, but I confess I am starting to feel a little overwhelmed about the cost. Chase keeps realizing more things we need to do, and everything we need to do costs something. Grrrrr! But, I will just keep praying and let the Lord work out the dollars and cents. Well, I hear little munchkins in the next room talking their sweet baby talk. I'm assuming they are ready for their bottles. And so begins another day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment