Friday, August 29, 2008

Rest for the Weary

All I can say is, "Thank you, Lord!" this week is over! I started this week praying about surviving it, because I knew it would be busy, but this week has been so much more than I could have ever imagined.

In addition to working this week, I had three parent open houses at night, a meeting an hour away at the university where I am finishing my degree, dance team practice, and a professional meeting off campus that lasted beyond school hours. On top of everything else, the buzz started to begin about Gustav on Tuesday. By today, we are ready and geared up to go for a potential hurricane headed our way. Predictions are not looking like they are in our favor right now. Thankfully, our home is close enough inland that we don't have to evacuate, but unfortunately, Chase's parents and many friends of ours will be evacuating. I'm glad we have a place to come to, but we still have a lot of business in New Orleans that could also be affected. I am confident, though, that whatever happens, it will be good because the Lord works everything for our good. I will keep you posted regarding our experience this weekend. 

My school is preparing for the worst as they are also a hurricane shelter and there were talks today that we might be out an entire week next week. LSU moved the afternoon football game up to 10 a.m. tomorrow, so that evacuees can start contraflow as early as tomorrow evening. Finding water, diapers, dog food, and generators are difficult. These all bring back memories of three years ago (almost to the day) when we were Katrina evacuees. Yet somehow this time we are all so much more at peace and are calm. We saw how amazingly the Lord truly provided for us last time and realize everything is given by His hand and His hand alone. We have a hard time praying for the storm in terms of praying that it won't come our way because then it must aim towards someone else's direction. Today at lunch, two other women and I prayed that it would just stall. Wouldn't that be great!?!

So, on Friday evening, I am resting as much as I can before the hurricane frenzy might begin and will wake up tomorrow morning to proclaim the Lord's new mercies and pray for safety and protection. 

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment