Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New "Symptom"?

A friend of mine recently sent me an email and told me that she was praying about my nausea and would ask the Lord to send me a different symptom that would remind me of His power. 

Well, the Lord answered her prayer. The nausea has gotten much better! I still have a little on a daily basis, but I am actually functioning all day long without now without nausea medication. Thank You, Lord!

The Lord also gave me a new symptom, just as she prayed. Moodiness. I'm sorry I didn't write that correctly. MOODINESS. 

Except that it is a moodiness unlike any irritability I may have had in the past. This moodiness is fierce. It knows no limits. It is not aimed just at the unsuspecting hubby, but at anyone who may cross it at the wrong time.

Today, moodiness came out in full force. I received two emails from a co-worker who I also consider to be a good friend. She and I have known each other for two years now and really respect one another. She and I are also both sponsors for the dance team. 

Her two emails somehow did not agree with me today. On any other day, I may have not thought twice about them. But they made me mad today. And when I tell you, this girl is hard to get mad at. She's just too sweet.

So little Miss Moody (that would be me) decides to confront her on these emails and I showed no mercy. 

It was bad. 

The reality is, though, that although mood swings are a very real symptom, my reaction is still sin. The Holy Spirit convicted me immediately after our meeting. 

Although I went to apologize to her later, and she was fine and graciously forgiving, it doesn't change the fact that what I did was wrong and that I can't get all confrontational every time moodiness swings by. 

So, I will ask for prayer again. Please pray that during this time that I will be sweet and filled with the Holy Spirit. Please pray that my attention will be undivided and that He will be Lord over my symptoms.

Not every one is quick to forgive and I really hope I can leave my school with some dignity intact. :-) 

Thanks for praying! Keep them coming!

3 comments:

  1. oh, ronda! yes, hormones intensify and amplify so much... i will be praying. :)

    i remember reading something about how all the hormonal craziness of pregnancy or pms or menopause is never an excuse to sin... i think it was on the girltalk blog (girltalk.blogs.com).

    if you haven't checked it out already, maybe that will give you some specific scripture on which to meditate... i'll be looking after posting this comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sweet Ronda! I must say I cannot even IMAGINE you being harsh with someone, but I know that pregnancy makes ladies a little "on the edge!"

    I am praying for you, sweet sister. You are a wise woman to recognize this and not just say "well I'm pregnant so everyone has to put up with it". Those babies are going to have such a wise mommy! :)

    I love you, and I am praying for you1 (And Chase... haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your sweet comment! Who would have thought we would be pregnant together?!!
    I am glad you are feeling better and I am with Jenny, I just can't imagine you being abrasive with anyone!!! I pray it gets better for you though! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete