It is 7:36 p.m and I've just finished picking up after getting all three little ones to bed. Chase called on his way home and said he'd been in a wreck and would be late getting home. Praise God he is okay. His van is pretty damaged, though, he said, so we shall see if he will be able to drive home. Evan is currently crying quite a bit. He suffers from Daddy separation at night. Not kidding. Only his daddy can put him to bed without him crying and crying. His dad is by far his favorite person. I love seeing that so much! Emmy is his second favorite person. I'm somewhere down there but he seems to be mad at me a lot right now. I'm sure that will change...right?
We have had an AMAZING week! Two weeks prior to this past week were some of the busiest weeks I have ever had. Ever. I was either busy all day every day for a week or it was every night. It was a lot. I made a conscious decision to slow it way down this week and I have soaked up just chilling with my babies. They are so fun. I can't say enough about how much I am enjoying the season I'm in right now. Other than maybe my newlywed season, which was also so fun and special, this is probably the best season I've ever had. I'm so glad that I'm able to recognize it and to be grateful for it. I'm glad I'm taking the challenges of motherhood in stride. It's easy to get exasperated with tantrums and the physical demands of toddlers and infants. Oh, but the love and joy is just so much. So, so much. What a privelege it is to be a mommy.
Also, I'm grateful that I have very much a peace about my calling to stay at home with my little ones. I know not everyone feels called to do it or can do it if they wanted. But I'm grateful I can. I had many women tell me before I had the twins that they stayed home when their kids were little and it was a decision they never regretted. I feel the same way. I don't think I will ever look back and regret this time. It has been very, very special so far, and I have no doubt it will continue to be.
Today, we went outside to play. Emmy is my girly-girl who LOVES bugs and mudpies. No lie. And Evan is my "all boy" who hates to get dirty. But today Ev and Em sat side by side outside and played in the dirt. Evan wants to do whatever his sister is doing. Emmy, consider it a compliment. He LOVES you. That's why he always takes your toys. You make them cool. Otherwise they are just a toy he's not all that into.
Olivia grew up today. She started pulling up on anything and everything. That means it no longer has to have a ledge. Walls and flat surfaces even work now. And she is cruising. She did a dos-i-do around the coffee table today. Such a big girl. It makes me both very happy and a little sad all at the same time. I'm about to have every child in my family be a walker. No more little babies. Little toddlers and little children. Wow!
Well, I could go on and on but I probably should check on my husband again to make sure he is moving again after his accident. Until another day and another quiet moment to sit and think and write. Few and far between....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is possibly and probably my favorite blog post ever written. Ever. I love it and it offers me encouragement.
ReplyDeleteLove it.