Friday, December 17, 2010

New Developments

My little ones are growing up so fast. Emmy (I rarely seem to call her Emily anymore, and she thinks her name is Emmy....maybe this will stick???) and Evan are almost 22 months. They are learning new words every day and their little personalities are starting to blossom. They are both starting to eat better from a spoon, although we still have quite the messes to clean up after each meal. They love Mickey Mouse and Handy Manny. Almost every morning, one of them wakes up and asks to watch Mickey Mouse. Oh, we are going to have to curb this soon, but while I am still feeding Olivia myself, there is something about the blessing of children's programming to help me avoid meltdowns while I feed her. The twins began to hold a bottle themselves at 8 months, so I am fully expecting I only have a couple months left of feeding her that way, and then the tv time will be minimized. The twins have become very competitive with one another recently. If one child is doing something, the other one wants to as well. They are really starting to compare, and you can sometimes read their minds as if they were saying, "That's not fair!" Although I try to have one toy or piece of food or whatever it is for each of them, sometimes that isn't possible. Sometimes they just have to share or wait their turn, and they don't like this. Sin nature. Who would have thought? :-) So, this mommy who isn't all that strong-willed is often having to dig in deep and provide a strong will to counter the two little wills within my home. :-)

Olivia Claire is doing so great. She is the easiest baby I have ever known. Sometime within the last week or so, she has started rolling. The poor child sometimes can't stay on her back and then she rolls onto her tummy and gets frustrated. She is starting to interact with her brother and her sister even more. Emily is still the little nurturer and tries to help with Olivia's needs, and Evan is my little entertainer. It's so interesting to see him interact with her because for the first five and a half months of her life, I don't think he even realized she existed. And then one day he woke up and realized he had this little sister jumping around (in her jumper) and he started bringing toys over to her to entertain her.

We have the most fun household. If you were to walk into my home on any given day, chances are you would see the house a mess, which is not exactly how I like to keep things. :-) BUT, you would also find two squealing little tots running around playing hide and seek all on their own or twirling around to "Ring Around the Rosie." And you would find the most laid back of babies giggling at her brother and her sister as they played. Chase often remarks that our home is a home of laughter, and it's true. We are a family truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment