Monday, December 27, 2010

First Year of Christmas Giving

Chase and I have begun to talk about what sort of traditions we would like to pass on to our children over the years, especially at Christmas. One of the traditions most dear to my heart is the concept of giving I want to share with Ev, Em, and Liv. Our culture teaches our children to primarily ask at Christmas, and we want to counter that cultural emphasis with a heart for giving instead.

This year, Em and Ev gave Jesus a colored picture. It was something at the age of 21 months that they could literally do themselves. They each received a coloring page of Jesus as a baby in the manger and they colored the picture themselves. I hung them on the fridge and talked with them about this being their gift for Jesus. I wanted to write about this on this blog, because this blog has become my form of scrapbooking and journaling. I wanted to record what they personally gave. My hope is that they can one day look back and see all of the gifts recorded that they personally gave. Lord willing, they will be able to remember throughout their childhood the moments where they learned to give, especially to Jesus. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment