Last night I visited Amy, Ryan, and Luke Spencer. Luke made his arrival into the world on Wednesday, and my visit to see them in the hospital made my heart so excited about the arrival of this little girl. Even though it has only been 15 months, I can hardly imagine Ev and Em so little anymore. I know this little girl will grow up fast too, and as whirlwind of a pregnancy as this has been for me, I can't believe she will be in my tummy for five more short days.
Chase is 31 today. We were talking last night about how I met him when he was 21. Ten years. Time really does fly. I know it won't be long before the little girl who slumbers in my tummy will be ten years old herself. And Chase will be 41. And I will be 40. Yikes!
I pray this next decade is a sweet one for our entire family. My 20s were super great, but I expect this next decade to be fulfilling like the decade prior didn't provide. I look forward to deepening my relationship with Chase, building a relationship with each of my children, and to hopefully growing spiritually individually and as a family.
I am feeling a little tired now. Maybe I will be able to go back to sleep. Unlike last time, I know what sleeplessness might be right around the corner. Luke slept 4 1/2 hours last night. I pray our little girl will do the same from the beginning.
Here's to hopefully a good rest of the night of sleep and to time flying and to a blessed new season ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment