Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Very Good Weekend

This weekend was just so good! Friday night was, of course, a night at home. This seems to be our MO nowadays with little ones at home. But Saturday morning was so nice. The Lord woke me up at 5:45 a.m. I know. Super early! But I got a great quiet time prior to the kids awakening. Then, the kids woke up, and we went on a short walk as an entire family. We didn't make it too far because we took Bailey and Bailey has just suddenly decided to hate walks! Boo! I don't think we will be taking her on walks anymore. After the walk, we enjoyed pancakes as a family and they were so yummy! Chase and I also had some fresh fruit and I topped my pancakes off with cool whip instead of syrup. Food is still tasting really good and I am enjoying it! :-) After pancakes, Chase left to go to Steve and Sherry's to look at what they wanted in a sound system. The kids napped most of that time, and I was able to make some phone calls. When Chase got home, I left for a quick haircut down the street. I went to Gina's Hair Gallery for the first time, and I really liked it. It was nice to be able to get my hair done on a Saturday. I've had a hard time finding a good time to get my hair done. When I came home, Chase left to get landscaping "stuff" (for lack of a better word) and he redid our landscaping for the rest of the day. I played with the kiddos and spent the rest of the day taking care of them. We ended our Saturday with Sonic. Once again, so good! I love me some Cherry Limeade!

This morning, I was so tired and very out of it for most of the morning. Coffee didn't even help me wake up. I laid in bed as much as could in between taking care of the kids, feeding them breakfast, etc. while Chase did some early morning work in the yard. At 9:30 a.m., we started getting ready for church. We made it (a little late, I confess) to the 10:45 service, and Josh LaRavia spoke. It was a super powerful message about trusting and following Jesus. Chase and I were both so challenged. After church, we went to the Jambalaya Shoppe to pick up lunch. We ate lunch at home and then I headed for a nap while the kids napped. It such a sweet time of sleep and I felt rejuvenated (finally!) after feeling so tired for most of the morning. Right about the time I was waking up, Mom and Dad showed up to visit with the babes for a little while. We chatted and played with the kids and took them outside for a few minutes. Mom fed them dinner and bathed them. Such a nice treat! After they left, Chase finished the front yard landscaping and visited with most of the neighborhood, it seemed like. Ha! We ended the weekend with yet another visit to Sonic. Actually, I waiting on Chase to get back as we speak with another Cherry Limeade and a burger. It's almost nine, and I'm filled with satisfaction at a good weekend. Onto another week....not much longer before our lives change again drastically. Not much longer at all! And it is moving fast. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment