So, I have had an unbelievably rough week. Unbelievably. My nausea and vomiting all but kept me on the couch or in bed most hours of the day and kept me wondering, "Is my entire pregnancy going to be like this????" I called the doctor, and she recommended two things: Pepcid and Reglan. I was skepitcal about both. Neither are really nausea medications, but I was willing to try anything at this point. The combination proved amazing. I had a feeling that acid in my stomach was contributing to the problem when I would almost vomit even thinking about coffee. The smell and taste of coffee got to be too much. I hadn't been very disciplined with not drinking my coffee, and I had been having at least one coke a day as well. I know both to be very acidic. I had forgotten that I found solace in iced tea with the twins. Until today. Since I have felt better with the Pepcid and Reglan, I have decided to completely eliminate coffee and cokes. I did remember late this morning that iced tea has both caffeine in it AND it is easy on the stomach. Thank You, Lord, for the gift of iced tea. I mean it. Now I both feel better and I have a little energy. So, for future pregnancies, this is what I would recommend.
1. Stop drinking coffee immediately.
2. The same goes for cokes.
3. Start Pepcid immediately.
4. Ask the doctor for Reglan. It is not usually offered at the first appointment, so make it a point to ask.
Hopefully, this will help for issues next time we are expecting. Now that I am feeling better, I am in the best mood, and I am very much looking forward to meeting this little miss or this little man. Now, we just need to convince Daddy that we should find out which gender this baby is next month. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment