Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Completely and Totally Random

Okay, this is just a post of little tidbits going on in my own life right now. 

1. Yesterday, I broke up with M&Ms. It was a wonderful relationship, but I just couldn't go any further. I have much self-control regarding many kinds of sweets, but not these little beauties. They taste too good! I have one handful only to convince myself another handful would not do me harm. It had to end. Good-bye M&Ms. 

2. On the flip side, I have begun to work out again. I should be at the gym as we speak, but I went to check on the little ones this morning before I headed out, and I saw huge baby girl eyes peering up at me. Um, can't leave that. The gym will have to wait another day. The hubs has been so great about taking care of the lil' ones in the mornings while I head to the gym, and I am loving me some gym time. Thank you, Taylor Swift, by the way, for making pop versions of your country songs. Nothing gets me in the mood to run like a T.S. song. 

3. Rice cereal will have to wait a little longer. Apparently, rice cereal can cause reflux flare ups. I would never have guessed until little boy cried most of the day when I gave him rice cereal. I may have to see what the doc says next time we see her. Reflux is no fun.

4. It's time for another visit to my hairstylist this week. Shorter? Yes. Darker, too? Absolutely. New mom of twins needs something MUCH more low-maintenance. Hopefully, this will do the trick. 

5. Last week, my house was invaded. Ants. Red Ants. All over my kitchen counters. It was a mess I can't even describe. I sprayed, and I called an exterminator. I am so not a fan of any chemicals near my little ones. So, the house was turned upside down and the three of us spent the better part of three days in the back bedrooms. I had a bottle making station set up in there, and all of their baby gear, too. On top of being relocated for several days, I decided I needed to clean like crazy in my kitchen. I cleaned out cabinets and washed more kitchen gear than I can even begin to describe. In some ways, it was cleansing. In other ways, it was incredibly inconvenient. I finally have my house back. The little invaders have left. I will not miss those unwelcome guests. 

Okay, so five points of randomness seems like a good place to stop. Don't worry. I have so much more. But we'll save that for another day. :-)

4. 

4 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with your strength to break up with M&M's. I haven't found the strength yet!

    love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you! I love the blogworld and how it keeps us somewhat in the loop with one another, but it sure does make me miss you sometimes. Like this morning...how I wish we were closer and could share our randomness together!

    So, so, so impressed that you are running!!

    Have a happy 4th!!
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW you are doing great! Getting rid of M&Ms and working out! Way better than me! I have gone to the gym once since Adley has been here and am desperate need of going more often!!! :) I'm kinda confused about the rice cereal part though - I thought adding that into the milk was supposed to help the reflux? I hope they are doing better for ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the way your voice comes through your writing. Makes me realize how much I miss our chats. We need to catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete