Moving on....
A TON has happened in the last month. The babies are now 2 months old! My, how time has flown. They have not yet begun to consistently sleep through the night, but last night was particularly special in that they both slept until after 6 a.m. this morning. Oh, sweet blissful sleep! I actually woke up this morning before my little ones. I actually drank an entire cup of coffee and made their bottles before they woke up. It was wonderful.
They are both cooing quite a bit. Evan will have entire conversations now, just cooing away for five minutes plus. I think yesterday morning it was quite closer to 15 minutes. Emily is our little ham. She is already laughing and smiles constantly. Today, she stopped drinking her bottle to show off a huge smile! She is adorable! Evan smiles a lot too, and is also unbelievably precious! He is quite the observer and will watch you wherever you go. I LOVE that they both know me now. As soon as I pick Em up in the morning, she would rather love on me and smile than drink her bottle. And with Ev, he is very goal-oriented and ready for his bottle in the morning, but as soon as I enter the room, he gets very quiet and still because he knows his mommy is going to meet his need. It is so sweet!
So, needless to say, life is busy, busy, but very, very good. Someone once shared that these early days are the longest days in the shortest years. I know the days will fly by (they always do!) and the years will too. I am trying to soak up every precious day and thank the Lord for His great gifts! After all, at the end of one day and the end of all of our days, it is ultimately about Him. I'm trying to remember that and remember He is to be my First--always. It's easy to get caught up in the here and now and in the day to day, and I need to remember--especially in these very good seasons---to live for later.
I love those automatic doors too! :) It sounds like your kiddos are growing up so quickly. You will have to post some two month pictures soon.
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to stop by and say happy birthday from the Tinnel clan; also thanks for the update. I agree on the auto doors!!!
ReplyDelete