Monday, April 13, 2009

Mobile Me, Mobile Three

I just have to express my excitement at the fact that today the three of us ventured out of the house AND out of the car all by ourselves. We have ventured out before with help or I have taken them to run errands that only require drive-thrus, but today I actually made it into a store with my two bambinos. I know this is a much easier feat with one. My good friend, Erica, has a son Evan and Emily's age, and she has been venturing out for weeks. Not so much for us! I have felt pretty much housebound and was starting to feel very frustrated. Now that I am six weeks plus out from my c-section, I can lift the double stroller (which also perfectly doubles as a grocery cart, by the way) and felt ready to go. This trip was further facilitated by a receipt that was about to expire for six large cans of formula that needed to be exchanged. It would have driven me crazy to let that receipt expire (formula is not cheap, y'all), so we headed to the store to exchange formula the twins started on to the new formula the doctor put them on. The babies did WONDERFUL and it was much easier than I would have expected. I went with a very prepared diaper bag and a plan. Worst case scenario....drop everything, return to the car, tend to needs or head home. I really have had a fear of getting out with both of them by myself, so I feel like a major fear has been conquered and now we are ready to meet the world! 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the big accomplishment! I always wonder how people do it with more than one. I am very impressed. And isn't it fun to take them out and show them off? I bet you got lots of smiles and compliments on how cute they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I am so proud of all three of you! I bet you feel like a new woman. I hope that you can experience a little more of that freedom each day and that you enjoy showing off your precious ones while you're at it!

    Love you all!

    P.S. I love the pictures below. They are precious!

    ReplyDelete