I know it's been a while since I've posted an update regarding how the pregnancy is going. The good news is that it's going great! I went to the doctor today and was able to hear the babies' heartbeats again. It is an amazing experience, I have to say. The baby on my left side had a faster heartbeat than the baby on the right. The nurses' (it takes two when you're looking for two heartbeats) both guessed that the baby on the left is a girl and the baby on the right is a boy. I'll guess we'll see if they're right in about five months. I do start going to the doctor more often now, about every two to three weeks. Chase and I will go back in about two and a half weeks for another ultrasound. We've heard (we'll see if the rumor is true) that, because we will start seeing a specialist for our ultrasounds, that these ultrasounds are 3d. Of course, we will ask them to avoid the "nether regions" of the babies, as we don't want to know the genders until they are born.
I am finally starting to feel much better. This week, I noticed I had more energy than I've had in a long time. I am starting to grow quite a bit as well. I have already gained quite a bit of weight and the doctor told me today to get ready for a whole lot more. She told me to expect around a 45 pound weight gain.
I have learned a few things over the past few months:
1. Orange juice is fabulous. I drink more than a gallon a week.
2. Big feet get even bigger during pregnancy.
3. Orange juice and pickles do not mix. A toilet should be nearby if this combination is attempted.
4. Nausea doesn't always automatically go away just because you're in your second trimester. I still feel quite nausious most evenings and mornings. What's changed is that my days are good.
5. Two Freds make a whole. My doctor told me that, since I can't stomach prenatal vitamins, two Fred Flintstones equals one prenatal vitamin. Who knew?!?
I don't take any of this for granted. I know that the Lord has given us a gift and I am so grateful. I am still extremely sensitive to those for whom the Lord has said to take a different path or are still in the waiting process. I wanted to post an update, though, for those friends and family members who live far away who may only see our blessed experience with their own eyes one or two times while I'm pregnant or perhaps not at all. We love you all and we look forward to the sweet arrival of our little ones.
I am SO glad to read an update. I have been wondering how you all are doing. I can't believe you guys are waiting to find out the gender of these little ones. I have so many friends doing the same thing. I am going nuts not knowing . . . I could never do it for my own pregnancy. :) Have fun and enjoy every day. Things will be so different after the babies come . . . a wonderful different, but cherish this time too.
ReplyDeleteSO Fun! I have been wondering how you are doing! You look beautiful as always...keep the belly pics coming, i love it! I am soooooooooo thrilled for you ronda!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! I can not wait to meet your two little ones. I found that the second trimester was the best. Enjoy.
ReplyDeleteP.S. You look so cute.
you're absolutely glowing. thanks for the update and the picture for those of us far away. we are rejoicing with you guys.
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful, classy pregnant girl!
ReplyDeleteEeekkkk! :) I am all giddy and excited. Thank you SO much for the picture, I have been dying to see you!!
ReplyDeleteGod is SO good!
LOVE YOU!
You are SO cute!!!! i love your prego tummy!! Thank you so much for the update!! A lot of love from the Tinnel's!!!!
ReplyDeleteRonda!! OMG your picture is preious...you look perfect...and beautiful as ALWAYS :)
ReplyDeleteI am just so happy!!! I can't wait!!! Keep those pictures coming girl friend!!!
Joanna
Ronda - You Look Stunning!
ReplyDeleteRonda Kay, What a precious double baby bump. It just makes you doubly beautiful. I love you and miss you and am praying for you and Chase and those little miracles.
ReplyDeleteyou look so pretty pregnant!! congratulations and i love that you're not finding out the genders... i wish i was that daring! it will be so exciting to find out when the babies are born. glad to hear you are feeling a little bit better.
ReplyDeleteyou look radiant! I'm so glad to hear everything is going well! The Lord is so good.
ReplyDeletethanks for the update, sweet lady!
Yeah for prego pictures! You look GREAT! Keep the pics coming! Okay, I have to admit that I'm shocked you're not finding out what you're having. That's definitely will power for an A-type, huh? ;-) I couldn't do it! You go girl!
ReplyDeleteHey Ronda!
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't mind but I have a friend that has twins and she is super mom and doing great with breast feeding. Her name is Kristen. Anyways, I told her about your blog so she might stop by and say hi. She is a christian and a great mommy. She would be great to talk to if you have any twin questions :)
Hope you are feeling great!!!
Hi Ronda! You have been on my mind! I hope you are feeling great and enjoying carrying those little ones! Are you feeling any kicks yet?
ReplyDeleteHope you are doing well!!