We stayed in our sun room yesterday and watched the storm pass by. It took about five hours and was probably around a category one or two hurricane as it passed over our house. I was surprised to discover how little rain actually accompanied the storm. Huge gusts of wind were ever present and we watched two gargantuan trees right behind our house snap in half. One of the trees fell on the person's fence behind our house (the trees were on their property...not ours). These trees could have badly damaged our own home, so we were so grateful for the Lord's protection. Sadly, we did hear that someone around the corner from us lost their life from a tree falling on their home and we have also heard of countless homes damaged in our city. We do not take the Lord's protection for granted at all!
I have to brag on my dear husband who has worked tirelessly the past week with both hurricane preparations and with taking care of his family during the past couple of days. Both Chase and his dad worked so hard to board up our windows, set up the generator, install generator-powered window air-conditioner units, and organize all outside items so that they wouldn't be harmed or blown away. My sweet husband even went to grocery shop in preparation for the storm. He has done so much as his dad has too.
Chase's mom has also blessed us by keeping us fed. We are eating hot meals no less as she is using our gas stove to cook. She, too, has worked tirelessly to make sure we are all comfortable inside.
I can't say I have done too much except keep the house straightened. I've been picking up and sweeping, but the babies have kept me moving slowly as I've still been feeling pretty sick the past couple of days.
So far so good here. We are protected and comfortable. The Lord has blessed us immensely during this time.
I have been thinking about you all non-stop and I am SO glad you are all ok! Keep us posted and I pray your clean-up isn't too bad!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! Thank you for the update!
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking and praying for you all weekend, all week really. PRAISE GOD for His protection and provision for you all during the storm. Please keep us posted on how your week progresses.
Love you!
Erica
wow...so great to hear you are ok.....we started to get worried about USA too :( ..so many hurricane and storms....please pray for us, as a choir, we are planned to go to georgia on wenesday,in the same time as hanna hurricane :(.... so please pray for god protection over us!!!
ReplyDeletewith god on our side, we will see you sometime in september, at the church!!
glad to hear that you and the babies and Chease are ok!!
my goodness! What a week it's been for y'all! Thank God for his protection over y'all...I'm so glad it wasn't any more serious. Hope the clean up goes smoothly!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear you're ok! I have been praying for you. Thanks for the update!
ReplyDeletegreat to read that you are all well... praise God!
ReplyDelete