Friday, June 27, 2008

Summer Lovin'

So, this summer has been one of the best I've had in a long time. Mainly because I have realized that a close walk with the Lord takes more than quietness of soul. It takes quiet. If I am running all day long with a million people in my path and a million things to do, there will be no quietness of soul. I have so enjoyed my quiet moments with Him this summer.

In our Sunday morning ABF, we have been studying David. We discussed how he walked up to Goliath with such confidence. He defeated the giant and did it by saying, "I come against you in the name of the Lord." He threw a stone. The giant was out. Easy. Effortless, almost.

But it wasn't long after that David began to take a downward spiral. I couldn't help but realize that maybe David lost those quiet moments he had with the Lord as a shepherd once he became a valiant warrior. You can only imagine that his scenery changed quite a bit. Perhaps he had more than just a scenery change--but a change in his ability to stop, to pray, to speak, to remember.

I can only pray that, as I anticipate the busyness of a Fall right around the corner, that the Lord will preserve that quietness. For everything else shall pass away but those moments that draw us nearer to Him.

2 comments:

  1. Quiet time is essential to have a relationship with anyone...and especially someone you can't see or feel in the natural. Thank you for the encouragement to remember to spend time with our Redeemer. Love ya bunches.

    ReplyDelete