
Tiffany and Jenna at Lunch

Dayna and Amy at Lunch
Well, after everyone ate, Anna announces that we are going to have a badminton tournament in their backyard. I tried to graciously bow out of this little competition as a I stink at pretty much anything athletic. Well, it turns out that several of the women there bowed out as well as they were pregnant. What kind of excuse is that!?! Just kidding. I totally understood, but it left the non-pregnant women telling me they needed me to round out the teams. I really had no option. What made it worse, though, was that I was paired up with a partner other than my husband. Good for Chase. Bad for my partner.
When I tell you that I am not athletic, I am not being modest. Really. I am NOT athletic. So, my partner and I placed last in the tournament, naturally, but the worst part of all was that I could not, for the life of me, serve the cockshuttle (that's what the little feather thing is called). Almost everytime I dropped it to serve, I missed it. It fell to the ground and I was left swinging air.
Swinging Air
The Hubby, who has amazing hand-eye coordination :-)
I have to say our friends were so encouraging as they all became cheerleaders for me. They didn't count my missed attempts at serving against us (which they did for other teams), but it was still rather embarrasing, to say the least.
The CheerleadersSo, today I decided to pick up a little fun. I bought our own badminton set and a volleyball, just to mix things up. As I am a "performer" and "perfectionist," I am determined to not live through that kind of humiliation again. This means one thing.
Practice.
So hopefully next time I am ambushed with a badminton draft (I know what you're thinking...what are the odds?), I am prepared--well, hopefully.
Sorry...the first comment made no sense upon a second read!
ReplyDelete***
So fun! You are too cute! I wish I was there to hang out with you at the fish fry...I'm jealous. :)
Thanks for the listening ear last night. The Lord has definitely blessed and ordained our friendship. It is evident in how you always know just the right things to say - both in your spoken words and in your understanding silence. Even during the most awkward phone conversation ever. (Sorry about that.)
You are a true gift and I love you tons!
HI!
ReplyDeleteAren't you cute with your badmitton?! I would think that would be a very fun activity. :)
I miss you and CANNOT WAIT to see you on the 4th!
Love you
JEN
That sounds like so much fun! And buying your own set to practice for next time? TOTALLY something I would do. :)
ReplyDeleterosie, you are so funny. - misty
ReplyDeletenice....it seems your holiday really goes well :) :). I'm soooo happy for you!
ReplyDeleteWe have a group from Batton Rouge comming to Romania on Saturday 28, I wish you be here too!Maybe one day!!
Love,
Maria