Saturday, April 19, 2008

Tagged

Okay, so I hope I do this right. Melanie tagged me. I am supposed to list seven random things about myself.

1. Overall, I have attended seven different colleges/universities in the past nine years. Three of them were colleges where I took a random course here and there (aerobic walking, anyone?) that I could transfer back to my undergrad. After A&M, I thought I was going to start my graduate degree at U of H where I took one class, then I transferred to UNT in Dallas where I traveled up once a month to take day long classes to work on my teacher certification. So that's six...HCC, Tomball College, San Antonio College, Texas A&M (Whoop!), University of Houston, and then University of North Texas. Since I've moved, there's only been one university here--making seven total.

2. I love grocery shopping--love it! I have become more fond of cooking within the past year, so it's fun to plan meals and bring home the ingredients, but more than that, I believe that grocery stores are the ultimate convenience and a great blessing from the Lord. To be able to walk into one building and pick out everything your family could possibly need for sustenance and then have the resources to be able to take that sustenance home--I am just truly grateful.

3. I love "teeny-bopper" music. This is what I call music that thirteen year olds like. Good thing I work with middle schoolers, right? Right now, I think Fergie is pretty great. I know. This might make some of you cringe. If it is popular and upbeat (and for the most part clean) then I probably like it.

4. I also like the Disney Channel. High School Musical--it's fabulous. Hannah Montana--love the show. I am not kidding. Not that it is the only thing I watch, but when I get home in the afternoons, I definitely check out that channel as well. Last week, my student told me a story about some Disney channel characters in a particular episode. He assumed I would have no idea what he was talking about. When he was finished, I said, "Oh yeah! I saw that episode. That come from the show ______________." He was a bit surprised, and yet I think he thought I might be pretty cool too. :-)

5. I am a reader. Everytime someone asks me my hobbies, I wish I could have something way fun like scrapbooking to share, but I don't. I love reading and always have. I love buying new books with the new book smell. I love getting into a book so good it is painful to put it down.

6. I really enjoy organizing. My nephew, Rheace, dumped out a box of legos last month and said, "Wait! I need to organize them!" I said, "Rheace! Did you know that is one of my favorite words!?!" He was delighted he had pleased me (he's only four, and yes, very smart--but I'm not biased or anything :-) ), and he tried to fit in the word "organize" every place he could waiting for my own delighted reaction to his use of the word. I look forward to summer vacations when I can purge as much as possible. Living in an unorganized, overcluttered space (whether that's my classroom or my home) is very hard. I am able to see the end organized result and I enjoy the process getting to that result.

7. Growing up, my dream job would have been to be a journalist for the Today Show. I didn't necessarily have to take Katie Couric's job, but I would have loved to have worked with that show in some form. I loved it (and still do)! In college, I wrote for the college newspaper and learned that the road to the top of the journalism ladder was a long, tough one--and one I didn't have the personality for. I'd get assignments from my editor where I would literally have to impose on people who may or may not want to talk to a journalist. Also, you could get the lead at a very late hour, then have to call people at all hours of the day or night to get a quote or an interview. No thanks! Katie can keep her job!

So, now it's time to tag. I am a rule-breaker and not tagging seven either. I'll pick three.

Erica
Marianne
Jen

you can participate or not. if you do, here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share seven facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE posts like this. I think it is so much fun!

    I too LOVE the grocery store, I'm crazy about organizing things, and I LOVE the smell of a new book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! Thanks for sharing and for including me in the fun. This was the first time I've ever been tagged. I enjoyed it!

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i must admit, i am right there with you when it comes to the disney channel. i share in the fascination with hannah montana. teachers have to stay young so we can relate to our kids, right?
    thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I need to call you! Thanks for tagging me, I am getting right on that this afternoon :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete