So I had an unusual experience that I just couldn't figure out concerning my old blog yesterday. Therefore, I decided that it was best to start over. So, here it goes.
My blog is called Living for Later. It didn't occur to me until just recently that not everyone may understand the message behind that term. Yes, my husband and I are currently in one of the most challenging seasons we've ever had to face. For the past two years, we have pursued infertility treatments of one kind or another. This has included two surgeries, five IUIs, a Lupron shot, months and months and months of weight-gaining, mood-altering fertility meds, pricks from blood drawn and shots given to myself, and an innumerable number of doctor's visits. And this is just the technical side. This doesn't include the prayers, the tears, the bargains with God, the fears, the hope, the faith, the emotional roller coaster we've also been on.
Even though we are in such a struggle, I must communicate that I am not living for the day I become a mom. Don't get me wrong. I used to. My fertility struggle simply consumed me. That lasted for a good year or longer. I don't think there was any one particular moment when it stopped consuming me. Just a gradual molding of the Father's hands in my life. But at some point, the Lord replaced my hoplessness with hope and my anguish with peace. I still really, really want to be a mom, but I've found contentment in the waiting--most days at least.
Living for Later means I'm living for a Day long beyond this life when there will be no more motherless children and childrenless mothers. When the great struggle is over, and the Lord has replaced it with eternal joy, worship, and peace.
My favorite scripture is: "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18
So, I live for Him and I fix my hope on a time very different from today--on the unseen Eternal. Therefore, I live for later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The new blog looks great! The bright colors are so fun!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love your heart. The title really is your life's focus - you set your mind on the things of God, you conduct yourself in light of eternity, and you do an amazing job of reminding us all of our REAL home!
I can't wait to see all that the Lord has in store for you, Ronda. You know I'll be right here with you, on my feet and cheering real loud!
XOXOXOXO
1. So glad you're back :) I was panicking!
ReplyDelete2. PRECIOUS new layout, so fun and cheery!
3. I admire your heart, sweet sister. You truly are a woman after HIS heart, and there is nothing greater than that.
Love you!
i panicked a bit too, then i realized it may have been the last name in your previous blog address...wise move.
ReplyDeletei've opted to keep the family blog, just remove the link from the profile. *shrug*
glad you're back--especially after realizing this crazy blogging thing allows the body of Christ to pray for and encourage one another. i LOVE that i have been able to reconnect with you! i pray for you (and erica) daily now--and i consider it a privelage to intercede for my sweet sisters in Christ.
God in His infinite wisdom knew that the internet and now blogging could bring us together, could help us encourage each other to know our Creator more....amazes me. and the schemes of the evil one to use this tool for harm and destruction should not dissuade us from using it to proclaim the glory of God, the creator of even this crazy blog world. :)
have a wonderful day!
Would love to have you as a long lost sister or cousin. :) So fun that we have so much in common. Just got back from the gym...loving it right now. (only bc the instructor I don't like wasn't there) ha ha
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by. :)