Thursday, January 27, 2011

Changes happen quickly

With so many children so young in our home, it feels like there is always something NEW to write about. So for the last week or so, this is what has been going on:

1. Olivia took her first bath as a sitter! She has been sitting up for a little while now, but I still had been laying her on a towel to bathe. A couple of days ago, I decided it was time to introduce her to the world of bathing sitting up. I used her little bathtub, and she sat up and enjoyed every moment soaking in warm water.

2. Olivia is babbling. She is saying "dadadada" and "babababa." So fun!

3. Olivia had six month check up this week, and yes, she is now over 7 months old. Scheduling well visits have been harder for her because I absolutely cannot take all three kiddos to the doctor right now. They would take over, for sure! So, that means I have to wait for help with the twins before I can take Olivia to the doc. So what happens when a kiddo gets sick, you ask? Chase's mom has been so great about coming up on days I need to run to the doctor for a sick baby OR we have discovered the after-hours clinic, which I must say is quite wonderful. Quick and efficient and often not too full of sick people at one time. Can't complain about that!

4. One other thing I just have to share about Emily. She has discovered a new love for tomatoes. Have I mentioned that she has become a super picky eater in the past couple of weeks and there is very little she wants to eat? Well, she LOVES tomatoes. I bought yesterday two of the biggest creole tomatoes I have ever seen. They are like the size of large grapefruit. I put them on our fruit stand that sits in the middle of our table and left them there to serve later. They were left on the stand unwashed and uncut. I went into Olivia's room to either change her or get her from her nap and I walk out to find Emily holding this gigantic tomato (she's a big girl now and can climb up on the chairs and pull things off the table) and she was gnawing into the huge thing like it was an apple. It was so funny! So, I washed it off, put her in her highchair, and let her go for it! She loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment