1. We have been to the beach twice.
2. Chase and I started regularly "dating" again. We had hired sitters to help me out during the day but we hadn't hired sitters for night time. It has been so refreshing to get out and share experiences with Chase again. We have enjoyed Texas de Brazil, California Pizza Kitchen and watching "The Social Network," going to Cafe Adelaide in New Orleans and then Snug Harbor, and Fleming's. It's been nice to reconnect.
3. We went to Houston last weekend to finally visit Grant and Jenny.
4. We went to the zoo with all three kids.
5. I hired a weekly daytime sitter again. It has been SO nice to get out and get errands done during the week.
6. The kids and I have started walking weekly with some friends in the neighborhood behind ours. We also go to the neighborhood park with them, and the twins LOVE it!
7. We just bought (but it has not yet come in) the kids' first playset outside!!! It will have two swings, a slide, a little fort area, and a steering wheel at the top of the fort. I cannot wait for it to come in!
Okay, so now an update on the kids:
Evan Charles: My little "bull in the china shop." He runs hard, he plays hard, he loves to throw anything he can possibly throw, and he loves to be held by his mommy when he is teething. In the last two weeks, he has been tirelessly working on getting four teeth all at the same time, and I just feel for him so much! He loves to sleep and has started sleeping regularly to 8:00 a.m. or even later. He can't wait to go back down for his naps either. When we go outside, he almost always throws a fit when it is time to come inside. He has such a sweet, generous heart and a soft spirit. I love him so much!
Emily Grace: My little "mama." She looks for needs within our home and tries to fill them. Whether Evan or Olivia needs a diaper or a bottle or a sippy cup or whether she is trying to love on her Piggy, this little girl is such a nurturer. I want to very much encourage this side of her because I know her soft heart is a gifting of the Lord. She absolutely loves shoes and jewelry. She also loves to eat. She and Chase share a love for food and she often stays up past her bedtime to have a couple of bites of her daddy's dinner. :-) This little girl is such a special person, and I love her so much!
Olivia Claire: Oh, my sweet, peaceful, laid back baby. What a joy she has been in our household. She is generous with her laughs and her smiles. She loves one on one time and especially shines at night once she knows her brother and her sister have gone to bed for the night. She "talks" boisterously at night and loves to be held. We think she is teething already because she is drooling a lot and has her hand in her mouth at all times. One of the cutest things she has just started to do is to play with her hair when she eats! It is too cute! Olivia is also an amazing sleeper. She often doesn't wake up until about 9:00 a.m. I love my peaceful baby girl so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment